At Move Personal Training Studios we understand that getting in shape is not just a physical process and while many 'experts' are all about dumbells and carbs, we realise that changing a body is as much about psychology and emotions as it is about physiology.
We also understand that many people don't love to exercise or exist on a diet of carrots, lettuce and yak milk. Our goal is to make the process of getting into shape a realistic, productive, rewarding and enjoyable one.
Our priority is to help you create life-long change; not to get in shape for an event. A better body forever is what we're all about. Some of our clients just want to lose a few kilos, some want to make the Olympic team, but most just want to be fitter, trimmer, healthier and lighter. Our clients range in age from 5 to 85 and come from all walks of life.
Our typical client is someone who knows what they should be doing but has trouble doing it consistently. Most of our clients use a personal trainer for education, direction, organisation, structure, accountability and motivation.
Here at Move Personal Training Studio we provide one-on-one individualized programs that are geared to help you lose weight, look better, feel better and tone you up. You also have the option to train with a friend or partner, in which case you can enjoy the added support of a mate as well as lower rates.
If you are looking for:
- increased energy
- greater self-confidence
- stress release
- improved quality of life
- guaranteed results
Then Move Personal Training Studio is definitely the one for you. Personal training is by far, the most effective way to meet your fitness goals in the shortest time possible. You'd be surprised how much you can learn and accomplish in a few weeks, with a trainer who practices scientifically sound principles.
How can we help you achieve your goals?
After an initial, in-depth assessment interview we will provide you with:
- a customized and personalized exercise plan including strength training and aerobic exercise
- mutually set realistic and achievable goals
- goal oriented and long-term nutritional counselling
- ongoing monitoring and updating of your personal exercise program ensuring you reach your targets, feel confident and look great.
- a guarantee of results.
As your personal trainer we will motivate and encourage you while adapting fitness routines to meet your individual needs, constantly striving to make your workout enjoyable.
Before engaging in any exercises for weight loss, check with your doctor first. People with certain health risks should not begin a vigorous program of exercise without first checking with their doctor.
People don't choose rehabilitation, its thrust upon them! Is it any wonder that for many trainers this is their most reliable and important client-group. Understanding and knowing how to treat a variety of common musculoskeletal disorders is an essential part of any Master Trainer's kitbag.
While most acute injuries (if properly treated) will heal within two to six weeks, chronic pain can be an ongoing issue, wearing your body down. Previous injuries or poor postural habits create muscle imbalances. These imbalances cause dysfunctional biomechanics, accelerating the process of joint degeneration and can ultimately lead to a complete loss of function.
Here at Move Personal Training Studio, we have the latest skills and techniques in rehabilitation and often work in conjunction with other health professionals for the best results and to ensure your recovery is in safe hands.
Functional training concepts for injury prevention and management
- site specific PT-based injury management
- postural retraining
- core stability training
- improving function and mobility
- helping with post-operative and post-injury problems
- injury prevention and corrective exercise
- assisting you in returning to pre-injury health
At Move Personal Training Studios, we're committed to optimizing athletic performance and reducing the potential for injury through comprehensive training programs that improve core strength and balance, increase explosive power, and enhance agility and speed in the sport of your choice.
Move Personal Training Studios's sport-specific conditioning program entails a variety of flexibility, strength, power, speed and cardiovascular techniques in order to maximize your sports performance and minimize risk of injury. We will help develop a training program that work with athletes of all ages, engaged in sports ranging from tennis to football to basketball and athletics.
Why choose us?
Our programs are carefully tailored to obtain optimum potential based upon your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and demands of your sport. Prior to program commencement, you will receive a complete fitness evaluation and profile. Special sport-specific drills are incorporated into the program to enhance those muscle groups that are involved in specific movements related to your sport. You are carefully monitored during the program with special assessment of changes in your heart rate and your ability to perform increasingly difficult drills.
Move Personal Training Studios use research-backed nutritional and training methods to help develop biomechanically safe and effective fitness programs to meet the sports performance goal of our clients.
Over the past 9 months your body has been through many changes and you have most likely been through a roller-coaster of emotions along your journey. With the new joys and challenges of motherhood ahead of you, one of the most common concerns for a new mother is how do I get back my pre-pregnancy body?
Some of the many benefits of postnatal exercise include:
Speedier healing and recovery from the rigours of the birthing process
Improve muscular tone and strength
Weight loss, enabling a speedier return to pre-pregnancy weight
Increased energy to cope with the demands of new motherhood
Reduced stress and depression
Move Personal Training Studios offers a comprehensive fitness program that is a complete approach to all the health and fitness issues before you become pregnant, during pregnancy and in the post pregnancy stage. We follow the most recent medical guidelines, uses the latest scientific knowledge on pre natal and post natal fitness training and ensures that each program is safely and individually tailored to your specific aims and stage of pregnancy.
It's the latest concept making its way around the fitness industry and it's showing very good results. With childhood obesity rates increasing and physical fitness classes decreasing, many over-worked parents turning to professional trainers for help. Statistics show 30 percent of children aged 6 to 18 are overweight, and another 15 percent are obese. It's not surprising that parents are seeking new ways to combat the growing trend.
So is a personal trainer really the solution? It may not be for everyone, but for some people it is a perfect solution. Given that childhood obesity predicts adult obesity with amazing accuracy, parents are both wise to encourage healthy habits early on. A trainer can provide direction, structure, and strategies that help create a habit of healthy living that can have a tremendous impact.
Other reasons parents hire trainers for their kids include sports skill training or instruction and, of course, performance improvement. According to the Australian Medical Association, kids as young as 8 years old can benefit from low-resistance exercise with small weights and actually grow stronger with little risk of injury.
Is a Personal Trainer Right for Your Child?
A trainer can be helpful in the following scenarios:
Your child doesn't like organized sports
Your child is self-conscious playing sports or trying new activities
Your child has some health issues and you prefer supervised exercise sessions
Your child expresses interest in personal training
What Kind of Trainer is Best for Children?
Here's why we are the best personal trainer for your child:
We have nationally recognized certifications - Australian Institute of Fitness (A.I.F.)
We have experience training children, including a sense of humor and patience
We create training sessions around fun activities that aren't typical gym routines and include input from the child
We offer a balanced routine of strength, cardio and core exercise
We help the child find activities he enjoys and will do on his own
We have references from parents of other kids
As a parent you need to be patient and encouraging for your child to get the most of the sessions. To improve motor skills, speed, and coordination, children need to work with a trainer once or twice a week for three to four months before they develop a habit of exercise and be motivated to stay active on their own.
At Move Personal Training Studios we understand that getting in shape is not just a physical process and while many 'experts' are all about dumbells and carbs, we realise that changing a body is as much about psychology and emotions as is is about physiology. That's why it's important that you choose a personal trainer who is right for you.
People use personal trainers as a way to reach their health and fitness goals sooner. Ideally, a personal trainer tailors a special exercise program to your personal health needs, motivates you to exercise and offers sound advice on good nutrition.
Take your time before you make your final choice. Make sure your personal trainer is properly qualified before entering into any agreement. Also, while professional credentials and experience are vital, it helps to rate personality and communication high on your list of priorities as well.
Things to consider when looking for a personal trainer:
Qualifications and experience:
- Ask about their professional qualifications. They should show you proof of their certification
- Ask about their experience. How long have they been working as a personal trainer?
- Ask what sort of results they’ve helped other clients achieve. They should be happy to provide you with a list of references. Make sure to contact these references
- Ask how they keep up-to-date on health and fitness research. For example, they may take refresher courses, attend industry seminars or subscribe to exercise science journals
- Ask if they or their employer have insurance cover. They should show you proof of this
The professional relationship:
- How much does it cost to hire their services and what type of payment options are available? Do they offer a discount for larger training packages (for example, for more than one session a week)?
- What about other fees, such as extra services or cancellation fees?
- Are they available at the particular times and days when you’re free to exercise?
- Do they recommend that you have a medical check-up before embarking on a new exercise program? This is particularly important if you haven’t exercised in a long time, are overweight, are aged over 40 years or have a chronic medical condition.
- What range of physical activity options do they offer? Would you be working out in a gym, at home or outdoors?
- Ask how they tailor exercise programs for clients. How would your preferences be taken into account?
- What about updates to the exercise program that accommodate your improving fitness levels?
- Are they trained in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation? They should show you proof of their certification. (You want to make sure you’re in good hands!)
- Can they offer nutritional advice or refer you to appropriate sources of information on the type of diet you should be following?
- What sort of services do they offer to support you in achieving your goals?
- Will they offer a free first session or a discounted trial week before you commit? This is important so you are sure you will feel comfortable training with this personal trainer.
The personal relationship:
- Do I find their personality pleasant or not?
- Do I feel relaxed with them?
- Do they give me the feeling that they know what they’re talking about?
- Are they good communicators?
- Do I feel comfortable enough to ask all sorts of questions or do they intimidate me?
- Are they asking me enough questions about my fitness goals, general health and lifestyle?
- Do they seem interested in helping me reach my fitness goals?
- Can I imagine happily spending a couple of hours with them three or more times per week?
For more information contact Move Personal Training Studios and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
At Move Personal training studio we are committed to optimizing a client’s strength gains through functional training. A lot of our movement patterns over the years have only become worse due to our everyday lifestyle habits.
So to keep your training exciting and fun we want to restore your functional movement and develop the correct movement patterns and build you up to an amazing level of strength.
Our trainers are qualified in a number of areas for functional strength training such as TRX, Power bags, Kettlebells, Battling ropes, Olympic lifting which are the latest tools used to improve functional training for strength.
Our programs are tailored to obtain optimum potential based upon your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and demands of your everyday lifestyle.
Prior to your program commencement you will receive a complete fitness evaluation including a training diary and nutritional welcome pack.